Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday: Sadness and disappointment

Monday I failed at getting a patty melt.  I tried again today.  This was a mistake.

Wailana Coffee House looks like it probably did thirty years ago.  There's definitely a diner feel to it.

Ok, it's on proper rye bread, and that's a ton of fries.  They were super fresh, and were right out of the fryer.

Wait, what's that?
Here's all the things wrong with this patty melt:

  1. No swiss, and instead of american, they used cheddar.  That's too harsh of a cheese.
  2. Raw onion bits.  "Hot dog onions" in the onion classification I use in my head.  Not that I put them on hot dogs, because that's stupid.  You don't eat raw onions.  The onions in a patty melt should be soft and sweet, not harsh and noxious.
  3. Really crappy meat.  I asked for medium, and that's basically what this is, but it was mushy.  It got to the point at the end (which I didn't finish), that the burger just felt like a wet sponge.  That's gross.
So basically, this is a complete mess, with the only good thing being the rye with caraway seeds.  Unfortunately, that anise-y edge is completely knocked out by the onions and the cheese.  This was awful, and is definitely stricken from the list of places that exist and should be visited.

Wednesday's a holiday, so maybe I'll just make my own patty melt.  Correctly.  Like it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment