Saturday, March 22, 2014

Saturday: Damn it, Cilan, just two episodes you were saying that battling on a ship was a bad idea, and now you're all "it's so wonderful to battle in the ocean breeze." Make up your damn mind.

Admittedly, Iris did have her fucking Excadrill drill through the first ship.  Still, buy some consistency.  Also, today may have been the day I binge watch a lot of Pokemon.

I decided to Nico's for lunch today:
Yes.  I do basically just get the same thing.
And this happened while I was eating:

"Toot toot! I'm a barge being pushed by my friend the tugboat!"
And then I took lots of pictures of the port and made them into big mosaics because I really like infrastructure.

This is just a crop of the next one.  Get ready for surprise math!
One thing I noticed was that the left ship (the Kala'enalu) was sitting about three feet lower in the water than the right ship (the Ho'omaka Hou).  It's probably not clear in this super cropped and squished blog version, but the K has the water at the 8' line, and the H is at the 5' line.  From their description pages, we know that they're 340' long and 90' wide.  This translates to a displacement of 91800 cubic feet of water, which translates to those containers on the K weighing 5.7268e+06 pounds.

It's good that this has been squished so much, so it's harder to notice the defect that's glaringly obvious when you look at a reasonable size.

Another from the end of the pier, so I could get all the cranes on Sand Island.


  • I can't think of any reason that you'd want to keep $5e6 sitting at home.  When do you ever need to pay that much in cash?  Bribes?  You can't pick up the cash on the way to the payout?
  • Why would you ever abandon this place?  "Oh, I'm sorry, that place is just too beautiful, let's ignore it for seven decades."
  • So.  This bird.  I was really surprised when this showed up in my rss today, because I had planned to draw one of those yesterday.  It's a Red-Whiskered Bulbul, which I discovered after google searching yesterday.  "When did you start caring about birds?"  I was sitting at my desk at work, and one of these just flew up to the window next to me, and started looking at himself in the reflection.  I tried to get my phone out in time to take a picture, but he flew away before I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment