Saturday, March 29, 2014

Saturday: Lazy Day

First up, I had to defeat the dreaded lunch.  I eventually came to the conclusion that wings were the right choice.  That meant going back to Wings and Things.  Since the main issue last time was the wing format, I decided that it would be a good idea to come prepared.

Note the knife I brought from home.
This was definitely a better solution than trying to dismember the wings by hand.  It does have the unfortunate side effect that you have to carry a knife wrapped in a paper towel home.  That doesn't feel like you're trying to find a place to drop the murder weapon.  Not at all.

My issues this time weren't the absolute worst.  The fries could have spent more time in the fryer.  They weren't as crispy as previous batches.  They also still have the issue that the hot sauce is really more of a medium.  Still, not the worst lunch ever.

Then after failing to get pumpernickel, then finding pumpernickel elsewhere, I decided it was time to work through the DVR.  On top of the queue?  Finishing up Pokemon Black and White.  I'd gotten through the badges, and the tournament, and the Team Plasma arc.  This mainly left the filler episodes at the end of the season.  As is the usual case, Pokemon filler episodes are really better than every other kind of episode, because they just dump a bunch of one-off shit into the episode, and call it a day.  For example, there's an episode where Oshawott becomes King of the Oshawotts in a contest, and episode where a Pokemon pretends to be a Nurse Joy and an Audino, and keeps switching between the two illusions when TT ask for the other one (I am sad I didn't gif that), and one where everyone in town gets mind controlled by alien Pokemon.  Did any of that do anything or mean anything?  Nope.  Just some random shit that happens to Ash and Team Twerp.  Yes, Ash comes to town, and you have a ~1/1000 chance of being mind controlled along with the entire rest of town.  He lives an interesting life.

There was also an episode where Cilan's brothers have fucked shit up, and they need him to beat a challenger or else they lose their gym.  This means he has to fight an Abomasnow, and I kept hearing it as Obama-snow.

Unfortunately, end of seasons mean the end of the travelling companions, which is unfortunate, because I think Iris and Cilan have been the best companions since Misty and Brock.  From their last episode together, I present, "Team Twerp is Dumb."

I mean, this is literally the worst disguise that fooled them.  "What? How did that fool anyone?" James walked up dressed as another character and asked to see everyone's Pokeballs.  Just after "totally all of Team Rocket" landed.

And, as a counterpoint, "Team Rocket is Dumb."
I think this had to be small to not have the filesize be huge.  Basically, TR attacks (it pauses on their balloon) Ash at Professor Oak's, just as he's released all the Pokemon from this season so they can live with Oak.  He just says, "Ok, everybody, just do, like, whatever, you know?  There are like a dozen of you, and you've all done this before."  It pauses on the explosion too, just because that seemed fitting.
And now I'm caught up to where I wasn't when I watched the episodes I'm watching now from XY.  The answer is Not-Misty's mom.


  • There really is no benefit for consumers in the Comcast/TWC merger.
  • I saw this episode today, so I'm again linking to this gross looking burger.  They don't deep fry the outside bun burgers.  So, they're not even consistent with the clear instructions.
  • Yes, Darmok is really the shittiest episode of TNG.
  • I disagree with this.  Sure, no one else likes Tree Trunks, fine.  That explains why those are so low.  Ditto Slime Princess.  But Box Prince?  That gets a 6.3?  WTF?  The episode is just Finn projecting onto a bunch of cats.  Who doesn't love that?

No comments:

Post a Comment