Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thursday: Have I mentioned how delightful Rick and Morty is?

Yes.  Yes I have.  Doesn't matter.  This week's episode was even better than the pop-tart people.  Here's a detailed screenshot summary of why.  The B-story was dumb.  I'm also dropping the conclusion-y bit of this story, because it's not necessary.

Rick: "So...what are you, the devil?"

The Devil: "Here, take this microscope, it'll show you secrets you can't imagine, you science-jerk!"

Rick: "Hey, Morty.  Shut up, I'm about to go fuck up the Devil's shit."

Rick: "Yep.  Fucking Devil tried to make me dumb.  Time to fuck his shit up."

Rick: "Yep, this shit makes you pretty, but you go blind, because you're buying from the Devil.  Also: I just made this cursed item scanner."

Lady: "I mean, it's all free right?" The Devil: "Yes, but you know they're all cursed right? What are you going to do with them?"

Lady: "I'm going to get them uncursed by that guy on TV!"

The guy on TV is Rick.

Rick: "I'm advertising about how I'm uncursing all the shit from the Devil's store!  It costs money, but that's because we use money in the modern world, not fucking curses.  Ya jerk."

The Devil: "Wait...First and Main?"

Wait for it.

Directly across the street.

Rick: "Fuck you so much!"

People: "I want to uncurse cursed things to get the benefit without the curse!"

And then the Devil hangs himself.

Employee: "I have some forms for you."


Rick: "I'm bored now, everybody get out."



  • I'd really like to see this plot done again for Hawaii, but using the mauka/makai/ewa/diamond head direction system.  I suspect it'd be far more directed than the current system.  It's not so much that Hawaii has lots of curvy suburb roads (although there are lots of curvy roads), but more so that the terrain shapes how the roads have to work.
  • Misty.
  • I had to do a calculation for someone in undergrad to prove that even if there was an alignment of planets, the gravitational force would be tiny compared to that of the sun.
  • I really wanted a calzone today.
  • I didn't even know these islands existed.
And just as a sidenote, I'm watching the Daily Show while doing links, and Nate Silver is on, and he's suggesting that the thing I linked to yesterday was some sort of a joke analysis?  If you're running a serious journalistic endeavour, you probably shouldn't put up joke stories.  I've talked about this before.

I mean, at least you could put a tag on it, so it's obvious you're failing at humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment