Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday: St. Patrick's Day

I had the idea at the end of the day today to go out, and get a special SPD dinner.  Not some boring "corned beef and cabbage" junk though.  Using the power of puns, I realized that this would be the perfect opportunity to get a patty melt.

Except patty melts are nearly extinct in the modern world, due to apathy and inaction.  My original thought was to go to IHOP.  Except IHOP no longer sells them, according to their menu.  However, Wailana Coffee House next door sells them, so I figured I'd try there.  I was about to turn the corner to park, when I noticed that they had a line out the front door.  So, nope.  There's this place, but it's way the hell over in Pearl City.

Instead of the glory of the best sandwich ever, I ended up with sadness and disappointment for dinner.

Even this monkey is confused that patty melts aren't everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment