Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Tuesday: Fuck tuesdays while we're at it.

I woke up this morning to discover that my back felt horrible, because apparently my "new bed" only lasts almost exactly one fucking year.  The problem is that all the springs are isolated, and then topped with a squishy layer of foam.  However, now it feels like two of the rows of springs have separated, and the squishy layer of foam is gone (possibly down into the spring gap).  Now I need to do this test myself, confirm that it's above the 1.5 inch threshold, fill out a complaint, and then probably pay a bunch of money in shipping costs because I live in Hawaii and beds are heavy.

If I ever have the chance, I will murder everyone involved with mind fire.  The fire of the mind.  Where you look at them, and your sheer hatred causes fire to erupt inside them.  Where they probably weren't expecting to have fire that day.  Resulting in mind fire murder.

For now, I've rotated the mattress 180 degrees, so the pain spot is now in "blanket and pillow collection land", and the undisturbed spot that was once B&PCL is now where my back will be.

One more thought on this rant:  They arrange the springs into columns and rows.  That's fucking stupid.  What's the best packing for circles in Euclidean space? Pseudo-hexes.  You shift row/column 2 relative to 1, thereby increasing density and forcing fractures to zigzag along.  Sure, the edges are weird then, but who sleeps on the outer two inches of bed?



No comments:

Post a Comment