Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday: Why can't this be a three day weekend like last week?

It would make things much easier.

It would also be much easier if WF sold pre-washed pre-cut romaine.  I don't want 99 kind of baby lettuces.  I also don't want to have to wash and cut my own lettuce.  I'm lazy.

Another thing that I think I've figured out on my drive yesterday, and in the little I drove today:  Part of the reason H-1 is so bad is that there is not velocity segregation.  People drive on it like it was a standard surface street.  This means that instead of having a regular situation where the left lane is used for driving, the middle lane is for driving somewhat slower, and the right lane is for driving even slower, you get a bunch of random speeds in all lanes.  This sets up lots of situations where someone is driving slowly in the wrong lane, so all faster traffic has to slow down as well, then merge over to pass, and then resume driving.  This reduces average velocity over what it could be, and sets up lots of congestion.


No comments:

Post a Comment