Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday: I have far too many links already in place, so I need to get this post done now

Part 1: Super Bowl

I don't care about this.  I watched the Team Lads vs Team Gents video game version (link to last play of that game) earlier in the week, and checking out the score according to the NYT, not only did they correctly predict the winner, they also seem to have put together a significantly better game.

Part 2: Chili

I made chili again, but didn't bother to do a play-by-play.  I did that two years ago, and don't see any reason to repeat that.  I did skip the stick blender this year, and I think that was the right decision.  The two-year-ago version was really too hot, and I think that's because all the heat was blitzed up into every bite.  The end result puts it just nicely in the hot category.

I still had a Mexican Fanta, so I went with that pairing.  Also cheese, because duh, and doritos, because yummy.

Part 3: Puppy Bowl

First thing: Puppy Bowl has totally sold out.  Everything is branded now, and there are just too many bells and whistles that have been glued on to the show.

Second thing: Someone at Animal Planet decided they were going to steal everyone's DVR this year.  How?
In years past, they just played the PB over and over and over again.  Great.  You can jump in and out as you want.  This year, they've defined the first three showings as different episodes, with titles "First & Goal", "Going for 2" and "Third & Long".  This change was something they did fairly recently, as the last time I checked, there was no episode information.  The implication of this is shown by the probably-invisible outlines in column 2: my DVR sees these as three separate and unique episodes of a series "Puppy Bowl X", and arranges to record them all, bumping any lower priority recordings.  Luckily for me, I didn't have any un-reschedule-able shows during this time, although it did bump my recording of the Hallmark Channel competing Kitten Bowl from the 4pm showing to the 7pm showing.

Third thing: I was going to screenshot the hamster wheel thing, but I'm lazy.  Maybe I'll do that next weekend, when I'll likely do the same kind of thing for the Kitten Bowl.

Part 4: Links

So many tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment