Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday: Fuck it, I'm just going to eat a slice of cake for dinner.

And no one can stop me:

The other possible title I had for today was: "Who the fuck came up with this new 'let's put a banner bar that never moves at the top of every page on the internet' idea, because I kind of want to punch them in the face?" but that was a bit long.  Seriously though, that's a terrible design choice.  Everyone has widescreens now, so forcibly allocating a vertical chunk allocates a large area that is remarkably low-information.  I know I'm on the NYT page, NYT.  Besides, do people actually click on those subject links?  People really go to the main page, scroll down a bit, and then think "I want to read Fashion and Style stories now.  Here, just after the top of the headline story"?  You too twitter.  You don't even use your words for most of that.  I hate those stupid "floating sidebar thing that stalks you as you scroll down", but that would at least not waste as much space.  Especially given that below the top half dozen or so tweets, you waste the space that holds the "say shit" entry box and "trending crap" stuff.  Just make that stupid shit a floaty sidebar thing that reuses that space.

It's like people who come up with web design trends are morons who have no concept of utility.  "It establishes our name brand!" No, it makes your webpage look like someone from 2002 who installed every custom toolbar.  They weren't necessary or useful then, this shit isn't necessary or useful now.


  • I mean, I get annoyed that the google auto-translate thing thinks I need to be reminded permanently that it changed the language of this page from Japanese to English.  Duh.  I know that.  I saw you do that, when everything was changed from Japanese to nonsensical machine English.  In any case, this is kind of a cool house.  I'd be concerned about moisture behind the shower curtain/partition doors.
  • I'm surprised that they don't have more guards.  I mean, it's got a fence, but a baby could hop that thing.  I also don't understand why you'd try to break in.  It's a museum, they have everything cataloged. You wouldn't be able to sell anything.
  • Yes, yes, cute koalas, but my actual thought was, "who buys 97% fat free ice cream?"  Then I went and ate my cake.  Out of spite.

No comments:

Post a Comment