In other news, I saw this post today on the vintage ads page, which contained this image:
which led me to say out loud, "holy fuck, I actually have that!"
|Seriously. Didn't even need to get off the couch to pull it from the shelf. So not only do I have it, I have its location in my library-partment memorized.|
Here's a pile of things to click on and read.
- You are very patient, tiny bunny.
- Cursive is dumb, and isn't really necessary anymore. "The origin of the cursive method is associated with practical advantages of writing speed and infrequent pen lifting to accommodate the limitations of the quill." Since I use a mechanical pencil for 99% of all writing I do, compact printing is far easier to write and read.
- Medicine and health care.
- So he gets complaints that he broke this promise, but the article clearly states that Congress has explicitly forbidden the things he wanted to do?
- I missed this. Arizona is apparently run by fucking morons.
- "'I Still Can't Believe The President, Vice President, Speaker Of The House, President Pro Tem, Sec. Of State, Sec. Of The Treasury, Sec. Of Defense, And Attorney General Were All In That Hot-Air Balloon,' Says New President Sally Jewell"
- The short version of why this bill is a bad idea: If you work overtime, you usually get time-and-a-half, so 150% regular pay. If you instead take a comptime deal, you work overtime now, and then don't work at some point in the future. Therefore, you get paid 100% of your regular pay under this plan. You can see why Republicans and businesses like the idea, right?