Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday: More food stuff

Seriously blogger, it's like you know the order I want the images, and then do the exact opposite.

Anyway, didn't pack a lunch like I had planned, had to go eat something, decided to try Island Sub and Burger to continue yesterday's theme of "visit a place I've been to before, but not for like a year or two." I did take out so I could continue doing work while eating, which meant my fries came in a tiny paper bag.  You can see the result of that in the picture below.  Still, they have decent fries, and use the neat trick of putting lemon pepper on them.  It's just enough that you get a quick hint of lemon as you eat them, making the grease not seem quite so bad.

I went with the Cuban sandwich, no pickles (because pickles aren't any good).  Not bad.  The pork is nicely spiced, although it was a bit dry (the standard pork problem).  This could have been made up for if there had been some more ham and cheese in there as well.  As it was, a single thin slice of ham simply didn't have the added moisture to bring back the pork.  Still not a bad lunch, and I think this may be one of the cheapest options around (although I skewed the result by skipping a drink and going with water.  I was thirsty today).

  • I saw this today, and then clicked through to look at the fake Pokemon they decided to include in the game.  There are a number of really wonderful puns.  I think my favorite is the dual evolution paths of Growmeo/Montegrew and Tuliep/Capulilly, although Icetope/Chillnobyl is pretty good too.
  • That's good.
  • That's bad.  Seriously, it's like they don't even care about the appearance of corruption.
  • Somewhat interesting take on bitcoin.  The thing that struck me is the fact that all of the main points about "what is money" could have been taken directly from my undergrad macro class.  That such fundamental points still need to be stated is kind of depressing.
  • Is it just me, or does the "All Build Construction" logo look like a certain cosmic horror?

No comments:

Post a Comment