Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday: pancakes

Someone spent all day talking about pancakes.  This led me to looking up places that have pancakes available for dinner without having to drive all over the island.  Luckily, I discovered that Eggs and Things has opened up a new location outside of Waikiki, so I don't need to venture there.  Unfortunately, Google Maps suggested I take Kapiolani to get there, and that turned out to be a giant mistake.

I hate Kapiolani.  It's randomly coned for counterflow traffic, and if you want to turn left, it's easier to pull over to the right side of the road and shoot yourself, because there are no places to turn left.  I should have gone with my initial path and ignored google.  Oh well.

POG.  This is not the fake over-sweet version they sell in the store.  This is proper juices combined together.

Dinner combos come with a salad.  Not bad, with a tasty pineapple dressing.  I avoided the bits of egg, and had some trouble keeping the salad together.  I think the bowl was a bit over-full.

Part of the reason to go here: cajun calamari steak.  This was a bit spicier than I remember, but still well made.  Cooked just perfectly so that it cuts with just a fork.

The other reason.  They make proper pancakes.  These are much better than most that I've had in restaurants.

Syrups.  Standard maple in the back.  Coconut to the right; I like it, but maple will always be my favorite. Guava in front; I do not like it.  At all.  I always try it again when I visit, and always decide that I hate it.
I think this was a good decision.  I should come back and try other things, since it is more convenient than braving Waikiki traffic and parking.


No comments:

Post a Comment