Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday: Finally came up with a decent solution

I've been fighting this damn referee report for like a month now.  Pretty much none of the things I've tried have come up with a reasonable result that seemed useful enough to put into the paper.  I think I've come up with a way to fix that.  The referee wants a comparison between our Method X and a "direct analysis" for some sample of the data.  I've been trying to come up with an external way to do this, and failing miserably.  Today I realized that Method X supports modules, and I can easily add a non-parametric Method X-2 that I can use to do this comparison.

Why did it take me so long to realize this when modules are part of the reason Method X is so cool?  Sometimes I'm a bit slow at things.

Now, all I have to do is to find the time to implement the non-parametric method, debug it, and do the comparison.  Yay! Imaginary time!

Clearly this bird needed a break.

Just a cool picture.

  • I'm sure this was sent by a computer, but at some point, someone had to type in that name.  You'd think it'd register a double-take.
  • Really? Wonder Woman vs. John Constantine?  Superman punching a hole in Green Arrow's chest?  Aquaman vs. Martian Manhunter (who I shouldn't need to remind you, is on the Superman scale of power, not the "empty bag" scale that Aquaman inhabits)?  Superman fighting Captain Marvel (who I refuse to call "Shazam," because that's not his damn name)?  The abomination that is the shit they wrote into the Question and Phantom Stranger stories?  Fuck you, DC.
  • It's probably in bad taste to suggest that a reporter who gets killed in a war that he wildly promoted got what he deserved.  Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment