Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Tuesday: Baked goods

I'm on the Honolulu magazine mailing list, which mostly involves me clicking the "archive" button in gmail.  Sometimes, this leads me in search of doughnuts.  Today was the second one.

No, I didn't drive into downtown to a coffee place.  The article claims they have blueberry doughnuts (one of the best flavors), but that they source them from St. Germain's bakery.  Not this one.  This one.  I figured that would make a nice place to stop in to get something for dinner.  It's a tray and tongs style bakery, which are always good.  Here's what I selected (in addition to doughnuts):
Clockwise from top left:

  • Bacon bread.  Not bad, but not really good in this format.  I should have sliced it and made crostini or something.  Then the bacon in the middle would be in each one, and the slicing would cut down on the gluten-y stiffness.
  • Curry pan.  Not the best tasting curry ever, but it was in a super flaky croissant style bread.
  • Ham roll.  I thought it was cheese in the middle, but it turned out to be onion butter.  Kind of a surprise.
Not a bad selection, although I'm somewhat hungry again now.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment