Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday: Algorithm/implementation/testing

It seems like too many things have piled up in the last category.  Due to network flakiness at work today, I was able to get an initial implementation done for the idea I had yesterday.  It appears to be finding the center correctly, but there's some weird interpolation error that it's screwing up the envelope calculation.  Still, very promising results for an idea I should have had two months ago.

I saw this video yesterday:


And then I saw this one:


I think that illustrates the main difference between NK and the US.  They get people who are so excited to be on video talking about an upcoming war that they're nearly in tears.  We make videos of dogs that look silly when they look backwards.  I think that pretty firmly establishes the fact that everyone talking about how prepared we need to be are kind of crazy.  Killing a bunch of people who have been deluded into thinking all of the US is out to get them isn't really any form of justice.  If only we could show them the millions of pet videos that show what we really care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment