Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday: I cannot determine my feelings about this cough syrup

On the one hand, it basically eliminated the cough that's been bothering me the past few days.  On the other hand, it does this through the action of powerful narcotics, so I've kind of spent the evening in a fog on the couch.  This is significantly better than last night when I had a cough attack that went on for like five minutes.  In any case, going to the doctor was probably the correct solution, as I now know a number of things I didn't before.

  1. I have a mild fever, which probably helps explain why I haven't been able to find a comfortable temperature in the past three days.
  2. It's not the flu.
    1. Flu lab tests take roughly zero time, as I got the email about the results while waiting to fill my prescription.
  3. Powerful narcotics make it hard to remember what point three was, or even if there was a point three to make.
Then I went to run some errands, because that's a great plan.  First was Office , because I needed small file boxes to hold my Taiwan/Japan trip stuff.  I've been trying to do this for a while now, as it makes it easy to find things from a given trip.  Plus, I can dump all the foreign currency into the box as well, so I know where to look the next time I visit that country.  I didn't get the right size, however, so I have extra thick boxes.  Look here.  I usually use the 11.5"x8.75"x2.125", but this time got 13"x9"x4".  

Next was groceries, as I needed to get juice.  That's when I saw this:
Today has been weird, but at least now I have 12 mexican cokes, 6 mexican sprites, and 6 mexican fantas.  Somehow.

Then back to the doctor for the appointment I had scheduled before getting sick.  That went pretty much as expected, with me waiting again for a prescription to be filled, and then leaving with $13000 worth of drugs.
No, seriously.
Here are some links.  Looking at the tab icons, it's probably mostly animals or pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment