Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday: Back to work

Sigh.

At least on the good side, I took "problem I didn't know about, but I guess I caused it, and sorry Maui," and fixed it, and discovered that "continuing stats bug" is basically caused by bad histogramming causing bullshit solutions.  I don't think that'll be super hard to fix, but it's still kind of annoying.

Then I came home, fell asleep on the couch, only to be woken up by a really annoying sound.
Turns out that it's the fire alarm for the building next door.

  • I was going to post the picture, but then I discovered an actual news story about it, so here's that instead.
  • Image 2.  That was basically all my pockets last week and the week before.
  • I saw this, and then had to go hunt down a source myself, because fuck you tumblr.  Learn to put sources on your shit.  Also: squirrel.
I also discovered this image today.  "Huh, Tokyo," I said to myself before going to verify that it really was.  Kind of in the center, you can see a dark spot. That's where the Meiji shrine is.  The group of skyscrapers to the left is Shinjuku.  To the upper right is Chiyoda, where the other skyscrapers are.  You can barely see the Imperial Palace grounds there as well.  The stupid Skytree is there in the distance beyond Chiyoda, but you'll have to look at the full view.  Basically, everywhere I went in Japan is contained in the middle third or so of this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment