Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday: These seem to be the TV channels


  • 03: News channel.  Periodically plays a story about a baby panda.
  • 05: On 11/10 at 10:00, a show with "ATM" in the title will play (permanent freeze frame)
  • 07: A different news channel, that seems to focus more on health/lifestyle stories.
  • 09: News channel.  Arts?
  • 11: News channel. Technology?
  • 13: A perpetual music audition show.
  • 15: Interviews?  This one doesn't have the news feel to it.
  • 17: Music audition show.
  • 19: A cooking show that has been stopped in time.  An electric hand mixer will never complete the cake it seems to be trying to make.
  • 21: Variety shows?  This one is about grilling shellfish.
  • 23: Drama shows.  I think this was showing cartoons earlier.
  • 25: News channel.
  • 27: Variety/reality show?  I've seen similar ones on KIKU before that seem to match this style.
  • 29: Old man lecture show.  I think he's pro-train?  There's a cartoon train on the screen.
  • 32: Evening news.  Even if I'm just catching everyone showing news, are there really six networks?
  • 65: No channel.
Suffice it to say, none of these channels or shows is in a language I have even a passing knowledge of.  This certainly complicates things somewhat.

Here is my current list of "tv pictures".



One link for today:
  • "The After Dinner Mysteries."  I watched this on the plane from Tokyo, and enjoyed it enough that I think I'm going to try and find the tv series it's based on.
Two links.
  • I discovered my laptop wouldn't start X this morning.  I had updated things before leaving, but never did the "check" reboot.  I eventually traced the problem down to this issue.  Somehow, libpam-systemd had gotten lost, and that basically breaks everything everywhere.
Hotel breakfast: buffets are weird edition.
Western tasty looking food in front, dan-dan noodles in back.  I went back for some fruit and a pastry to eat with the coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment