Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday: Tokyo Day 1

Today was largely travel, and then a quick bit of bearing-finding.  Not bear-finding.  I think I'm in the wrong part of the country for that.

First up was the bus to get from Narita to Shinjuku.  Fun fact I didn't know: Narita is 60km away from the city, making it "really fucking far away."
Cat planes explain everything better.

Arrived at the hotel, and after sorting out the trick that the front desk is on the third floor, checked in.
Yes, my room has a fancy Japanese toilet.  No, I haven't played with it.
It's a tiny room, but it works well for me just staying here a few days.
Here's the view from my window.  Those walkways over the road connect two parts of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildings.

I wandered around a bit.
This isn't really a super sparkle-y picture.  However, I didn't find any better shots during my quick stroll.
 And had some dinner.
"Ramen? Can't you get that at home?" First, yes, I can.  Second, I think I've picked up some sort of death, and I wanted to fight back with the best soup ever.  Third, why not try this as a comparison thing between the Hawaii version and the Tokyo version?
 The answer is that both are basically the same, but the Tokyo version has something done to the menma to add flavor.  Light pickling?  Not sure what the difference was.

Same view, but at night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment