Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tuesday: Kamehameha Day

Hawaiian holidays are always nice.  It means I get to have a day off while the rest of the world pretends it's a regular day.  I decided this was a good enough reason to make pulled pork.
It was delicious.
Slider buns are clearly the best way to eat this, with a bit of cheese to mellow out the spice.  I think I'm finally happy to say that my pulled pork is better than any other pulled pork I've ever had.  No BBQ sauce necessary, as the rub seasons it nicely.  I suspect this is partially due to the fact that I can only buy sliced pork butt, so the meat is at most an inch and a half or so from the edge.  It's not smoked, but I think the oven way works better as it keeps all the moisture in so the meat is tender and juicy.  I did use smoked paprika to get that flavor.  Smoked paprika in addition to salt, brown sugar, and eight other spices: chili powder, cayenne, black pepper, cumin, coriander, fennel, onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, ginger.

I'm pretty sure supporting these points would get you thrown out of today's Republican party.

  • Only Pokemon links today.
    • The new type is fairy type.
    • Ok, that sounds cool, but Pokemon Channel was the true sequel to Hey You, Pikachu.
    • Iris's Dragonite.  I watched another episode with him today, and suspect I may need to start screencapping every scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment