Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday: simulations sometime tell you useful information

I've been trying to answer a question at work, and while waiting for a very long computation process to return a result that I can simply directly measure, I decided to write a quick script to generate a simulation.  Basically, combine a series of Gaussians in two ways, and determine how the similar the methods are.  It looks like they are actually quite different, with method A giving something reasonable looking, but method B giving something terrible that looks like the results from the previous long computation.  I think this answers the question, although I'll need to confirm with the long computation process.

It's unfortunate that method A introduces other errors elsewhere.  Wonderful.

See, this is what gay marriage is going to give us.  Space gay marriage.  Is this awesome? [Y/Y]

"I know you don't like sleeping on the floor, but I'm pretty sure there's like a whole 'let the bear sleep where it wants' aphorism.  So think of it like a philosopher.  Or something.  What I'm saying is 'go away, I'm tired.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment