Sunday, November 18, 2012

The story I didn't want to forget to post, and then totally forgot to post

Weekends are sushi days now, mostly because it's close to WF, and there's a good variety, and it lets me choose what I feel like having that day (so, ahi, unagi, + 2-3 other dishes).  The Texas roll is usually good, as it's just simply kalbi beef wrapped with lettuce inside rice on a plate with pepper oil drizzled over.  Very tasty.  Unfortunately, today's edition had a weird white sauce inside that I initially thought was cream cheese (as in the Philly roll, which is gross, BTW).  I later decided it was probably mayo, which isn't a good match either.  My final complaint about it was that the lettuce flower that pops out of the one end was like six inches tall. There's no way to eat that last bit easily, and in my attempts, blew the roll up all over the plate.  The kalbi was very tasty.

That wasn't the story.

The story begins when I go up to pay.  As I'm approaching, a little girl (let's say 6ish) runs up with the ticket and the money from her parents.  She's clearly first in line.  She peeks over the counter at the girl running the checkout, and slides it across the counter towards her.  They ring it up, and it comes out to $26.XX.  The little girl's face just drops into a look of utter terror.  She only has a twenty and a five.  She stares for a few seconds, and then dashes back to the table her parents are at, telling them that she needs more money.  Dad goes back up with her, and pulls out the two dollars needed to cover the bill.  He asks his daughter, "couldn't you have just gotten it out of your wallet."

She replies in a sad way, with an almost sing-song cadence, "I don't have a wallet. You know that."

I thought it was funny.

Not so funny was the old guy with a bird on his shoulder walking through the mall.  I'm generally ok with bringing your dog in if you have it in one of those dog carriages.  It's contained, it's comfy and safe, it's very unlikely to suddenly launch into the sky and start shitting on things.
Most related image I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment