Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving: It is always too hot in the tropics

Always.

I woke up earlyish, and decided to half watch the Macy's parade while I dozed in and out.  I also had my DVR record it, largely so I could make things like this:
Gratuitous animated gif of Pikachu. With deflated ears.
This is the point where I'd post pictures of my Thanksgiving meal, but blogger is claiming I've filled up my picasa storage blah blah blah.  Since I had that problem last night, deleted a 400 image directory, did the same today, and still have the problem, I'm assuming blogger/picasa is broken.  This forum link tends to suggest the same thing.  You'd think that they wouldn't break blog photos on Thanksgiving, since everyone is going to post food pictures.

In any case, I had a spiral sliced ham:
Picture of ham.

which I discovered is impossible to move after it's been cooked, because the slices make regular tongs and spatulas useless.

Picture of my full plate.

That's the full meal.  Ham (obviously), twice baked potatoes (with cayenne and cheese and extra deliciousness), corn pudding (needed more garlic, and a bit less sage), green bean casserole, and Hawaiian bread (because I'm lazy).  I decided against the mac and cheese, because it was already super hot in my kitchen, and I didn't want to stand over the stove making a bechemel.

I haven't had dessert yet, but since that's just going to be ice cream, it's not a big deal.  I keep thinking I should have made pie, but it was already too hot in my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment