Saturday, November 24, 2012

Saturday: I looked right at the paper towels and then didn't buy any

I did get fruit punch.  Not as good as I was hoping.  I guess some things don't always live up to expectations.

This sandwich was also in the "not as good as I hoped":
My plan was to try to make something similar to Zingerman's "Randolph’s Grand Début," which is basically a ham and swiss sandwich with extra cheese melted on the outside.  Logistically it's a bit tricky, plus I think I had the heat a bit too high.  I wanted the inside to be a bit more melty and the outside a bit less over toasted.  I'm wondering if they don't just make a regular sandwich first, and then add the outside cheese.  Maybe it would work better under a broiler instead?  In any case, it wasn't the greatest sandwich ever, but it was better than most.

What are you doing, cloud? You don't belong inside!
I almost bought Ho-Hos at the store today too.  Then I saw that they were $7 a box, and the Little Debbie version were $3.50.  Then I didn't buy either, because that's still more than I really wanted to spend.

"Damn it, can't a bear take a bath without the damn paparazzi?"

No comments:

Post a Comment