Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day: Wait, math actually works?

Four years ago, I posted this.  Turns out that's maybe illegal, so I won't do that again this year.

Eight years ago, I was seriously pissed that CO and VA had gone the wrong way and fucked over everything.

Twelve years ago, everything was basically a shitstorm, and then I had to go TA a class the next day at 8AM.  Which sucked.

This year:

I walked to my voting place around 12:30ish, immediately got my ballot and filled it out, fed it into the scanner machine, and was out in about five minutes.  If I didn't have to scribble to fill in a box with a ball point pen, it would have gone faster.  Unfortunately, I left so quickly that I forgot to get my "I Voted" sticker.

Since it's on the way, I picked up neighborhood sushi place sushi for lunch, and upon getting home, decided that it was about as expensive as kurukuru, but no where near as good.  I guess it's only for emergency sushi.

Let's do links so I can close this pile of tabs:

So here's how math works:
The 538 prediction.
The actual results.  Add FL and OH for Obama (as the other networks are doing), and that's 285 + 29 = 332.  That's the 20% "most-likely" result from the 538 prediction.
I think this basically proves that math is far more effective at deciding things than listening to pundits who probably have an ideology and bias.

Animals:
Dancing bear is glad of the results.

Squirrel!

No comments:

Post a Comment