Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thursday: Math, infinite math

So I started working on a problem, and then
This was a great episode of Adventure Time.  "I floop the pig."
I had working N-dimensional, K-mode Gaussian mixture model code.  I wrote a 1-dimensional, 2-mode version for my thesis, but this is clearly (N-1)*(K-2) times better.  Plus, as a side project, I wrote a k-means code that I can use to feed the GMM code with better than random initial positions.  I should really write these things as functions instead of full programs, so I can use calls to the functions in other programs.  I'll do a refactoring at some point that does this.

This gif is apparently 99,000 times larger than I thought.  Oops.

This is the Titanic.  I don't actually care about the boat, but I like cutouts.

"Ice cream eating motherfucker, that's what you are."

Today's bear picture.
I also decided that a bacon sandwich with tomato soup totally counts as a healthier BLT.  Plus: bacon for tomorrow's lunch sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment