Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday: I win at sticking to the menu plan

Even though it meant having to clean my kitchen.  Stupid manual clean kitchens.  Anyway, I've already done the recipe for chicken saltimbocca, so I can skip that bit.  I was lazy today, and didn't pound out the chicken, nor did I roll the chicken.  It worked out tasty anyway, and had it not been like a thousand degrees in my kitchen, I would have done the full thing.

Once done, I deglazed the pan with some vermouth, and let it reduce into a sauce.  Then, slice the chicken against the grain into ~centimeter strips, and put into hot dog buns with some Parmesan.  Boom. Chicken saltimbocca sandwiches.
I ate two because I didn't have lunch today.
This worked really well, even though I was disappointed to learn that my buns were already sliced.  I was hoping to cut it myself, so I could do a top cut instead of side, sort of like a lobster roll.  That was kind of what the idea behind the whole meal was, in any case: "like a lobster roll, but with one of the best chicken recipes ever."
The other two thighs and the sauce.  I'm hoping the fat separates out in the fridge, so I can skim it tomorrow.

So this is a time lapse 4-pi steradian photo?  Huh.

Damn, I knew my apartment was missing something.  I need to go find the "giant white sphere" 

No comments:

Post a Comment