Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Tuesday: I probably should have parallelized that script or something.

I can't tell if I'm bandwidth limited on the wifi doing the exiftool calls (the network usage is jumping around), if the database is wasting lots of time doing database commits (I stuck the db in /dev/shm/ to take advantage of being in memory), or if there's some other kind of overhead in my quick perl script.  In any case, I am about a quarter of the way to having a fully populated date database.

This is where I complain that Agents of Shield continues to be a dumpster fire.
  1. You can't just kill everyone after forcing them to sell you the company.  The SEC isn't going to allow that.  "Oh, he sold you the company, and then every C-level executive died? GOOD ENOUGH FOR US!"
  2. And great job, you stole fancy mech suit stuff, and you crush a vase.  A glass vase.  What is fucking wrong with you?
  3. Transia is apparently a country in the comics.
  4. I stopped caring about Lash ages ago.  Why didn't everyone else?  "He's my monster ex-husband!"  "I released him to murder-kill a bunch of people!"  So?  He was boring back when he was a human, he stayed boring when he turned into a murder-killing-monster, he was boring when he was gone, but at least he was gone.
  5. Why not send like, a big fucking team?  "We're only going to send one person, so that one person needs to use our knowledge of the future to do things."
  6. "Yeah.  Day got weirder." That's good.  +1 for that.  This is when Coulson tells Daisy that Ward is in the building, when they last saw him dead on a planet far, far away.  After they're already doing this "use the future knowledge."
  7. I didn't see if she fully killed Malick.  I hope so.
  8. Nope.  Guess not.  But now he's all "oops, maybe bringing an unknown space monster home was a mistake."
Links.



No comments:

Post a Comment