Friday, September 1, 2017

Friday: At least it's a three day weekend.

I had to renew prescriptions today, so I finally looked at a bunch of test results I've ignored because the follow up phone calls were generally all "you're ok."
It turns out you can see when I started taking immunosuppressants pretty clearly. 
Then, later on in the day, I saw on Twitter that Comixology had a thing where if you bought a Marvel comic, you would get another one free.  Since they're owned by Amazon, I wondered if that deal worked on their sales as well.  Plus, the author of the new Hawkeye comic suggested buying her new one-shot/issue of a cross-over/issue of a miniseries(?)/whatever.  It'll probably be in the next collection, but I figured it was worth the $2.50.  The deal didn't work when I ordered, but that's ok.

Because seriously, who needs a deal when this is what happens.  Kate has gone back in time (ish), so Clint doesn't know her, but she's trying really hard to not mess something up because time travel.  It's a good time.
And then after I'd read it, Amazon sent me a thing asking me which free trade I wanted, because that's the deal with Amazon, I guess.  Whatever.  Probably going to be an old X-Men compilation, because all the new ones are things I already own or don't care about.


  • I've never read any Heinlein, and from this, it sounds like that was probably a good decision.
  • Kids and superheroes.
  • If this jerk had never written this, I'd never have heard of this series of books, and I wouldn't have a few in my Amazon cart, waiting for when I decide to buy more books.  I don't get his "shown no respect" comment.  Those pictures look like what I'd expect a compilation of 50-70 year old comics to look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment