Friday, September 29, 2017

It was a mistake to start google image searching "Sue Storm" when I was about to go to bed.

This is the Fantastic Four.  Sue Storm is Johnny Storm's sister (he's the Human Torch) and is married to Reed Richards (who is stretchy).  Also, Ben Grimm, the Thing, who doesn't enter into this conversation any more.
Sue is the Invisible Woman (previously the Invisible Girl until she decided that was stupid).  She can turn invisible.  Also, she can create invisible force bubbles, so she can make protective shields, or she can use them to carry things.  She's kind of underutilized, largely because she works with the FF, and Reed is always fucking things up since he's """"""The Smartest Person in the World"""""""""

I had a thought that once upon a time, Sue turned evil, and killed people by putting force bubbles in their brain.  That led to me searching, which led to me discovering enough things that made me want to make a blog post.

First of all, when she turned evil, she had terrible costume choices.
But I couldn't find anything with her killing people.  I thought it was kind of a future thing, where she'd taken over the world.  The best I could find was this:
Where she kind of chokes the Hulk.
But, so many other things jumped out at me.
Like how the solution to Evil Sue Storm was a bit of domestic violence.
I'm sure that's just a one off thing righ
Oh.  God I hate you, Reed Richards.
But at least that's the worst costume Sue ever had, righ
Oh you're fucking kidding me.

But it's fine, because "she designed it herself."  
I don't even want to look up who wrote/designed/drew that.  John Byrne, probably.
I don't even know what to say about this one.  It somehow seems less practical than the old blue one?  I'm also wondering if the stripes are callbacks to that terrible 80s outfit. 
Comics, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment