Sunday, September 10, 2017

Sunday: Today's plan was to throw out things.

I didn't do that, but I still have time to find some stuff to get rid of.  It's "decluttering," I guess.

I did drive far away to get a sandwich.
It's a big sandwich, and even with my plan of "eat half for dinner," it's still too much.  I ended up eating a quarter for dinner, and I'm still super full.

And, since my tablet decided to finally upload the last set of screen caps, I guess I'm finishing Secret Wars tonight.

Wait, did I not capture the lead in panel?  Ugh.  Anyway, Doom has all the Beyonder's power, and Team Good Guys is deciding if they should go fight him, even though he's super powerful.  "He could even destroy us with a bolt out of the blue!" I think Captain America says.  It's down to freaking Colossus to make the final decision, because they want to be unanimous.
He's being a mopey jerk.
But decides to fight.

 Then, the next panel, cropped down from the full page panel:
I'll admit it.  I laughed.  This is setting up something, and having the guts to follow through.
Team Bad Guys (except Doom) fucked off with a chunk of the planet that used to be near Denver.
The Enchantress summoned a water elemental to tell her stuff.  Sure, why not.

Doom is planning to invade Hell to free his mom.  He made a map of Hell, using his new powers, I guess.  Sure, why not.
 The Beyonder has been bouncing his mind around between characters, and ended up in Klaw, who I was going to be all "who nobody cares about," but then I looked him up, and his name is Ulysses Klaw, and I thought "isn't that the guy Gollum played in the Age of Ultron movie?" and yes, that's apparently the same character, and also he's the son of a Nazi war criminal.  So a bit "yikes" on how they play him off as comic relief due to the fact he was trapped in Galactus's ship.  And now I'm realizing that I think they just ignored the fact that Galactus should still be around somewhere while this is all happening.

Anyway, he/Beyonder is taunting Doom about how Zsaji could revive Colossus because love/he's made of steel, and he could revive Reed Richards because love/he's stretchy, and Reed could revive everyone else because he's smart/alien healing tech they learned about.
Doom's like, "that's super unlikely, I don't think that would happen," and Klaw-yonder responds with, "or what if it's super likely, because you don't know how to control super cosmic power, and just hearing the story makes it true," and Doom's "fuck, I didn't even think about that, and now that's all I can think of," and then Thor's hammer smashes through the room, so just make up your own story at this point, I guess.  Doom revives Ultron, and Klaw gets a bit of cosmic power to make monsters and that can't possibly backfire.
"And hey, thanks everybody for being polite and not bringing up the fact that my husband created Ultron!"
 Captain America breaks in, and Doom kills him again.  Repeatedly.
But he also unkills him a bunch, and I can't imagine the therapy Steve is going to need after this.
 The Beyonder uses the bit of power to take the rest of it, and teleports away, taking Doom and Klaw, and I tried to find out what happened to Doom after this, and couldn't find anything.  My guess is "pretended to be dead for a bit until they brought him back quietly, without mentioning SW at all."
So maybe that unlikely thing did happen, because bringing people back from the dead caught up to Zsaji.  Team Good Guys kind of colonized their way into killing her.  Whoops.

"I'm sure this isn't going to be a problem.  Ever.  Nope.  All good here!"

Yes.  It would be terrible to be stranded on a crappy cobbled together planet outside of our galaxy, in the place where a different galaxy used to be, but isn't anymore, because the Beyonder ate that to make the planet in the first place, and I guess the point is that it's super remote.

"I'm like 99% sure I didn't just kill the X-Men.  Avengers!  You're up!"  But where's Jen?

She's going to go be part of the Fantastic Four for a bit, because Ben Grimm is going to stay on the planet that Kurt just talked about how much it would suck to stay on.
And that changes history in my head from "they just asked Jen to join the FF because she's cool," to "Ben asked Jen to join the FF because he's an idiot."


  • I don't know that youtube has much leeway here.  He lost them a bunch of money the first time around, and is kind of largely responsible for the ad-pocalypse.  They should just cut their losses.  "We've terminated this channel, and will not allow our partners to do things like this in the future."
  • I'm glad she's going back to school.
  • Sasha the Christmas Tiger.
  • Mr. Mime.

No comments:

Post a Comment