Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wednesday: I specifically chose a career to avoid lifting heavy objects.

Unfortunately moving our processing cluster from one island to another means lots of heavy crap has to be lifted.  It turns out moving computers has a large cardio component, and I am bad at that.  Also breathing, which actually was the major issue.

And then back to work to write a terrible script to automate things so I could increase my sample size, and see if that's the problem with my fit.

Another unexpected problem of lifting things is that I got somewhat dehydrated, and that caused me to kind of lose my appetite until I had had enough water to sort things out.  Which sucks.  But that gave me a reason to go have a big dinner to sort it out.

My initial thought was to go to the build-a-pizza place in Aina Haina, and then get shave ice.  But traffic to Aina Haina is awful.  But thinking about that also made me think of La Tour Cafe, which is also there, but has a place in Iwilei.  So I thought about going there, which led me to thinking about Nico's.  I went to Uncle's, because Nico's had a line out the door.

What I really wanted was Cafe Jolie steak frites, but the traffic to get there would be even worse.

I probably should have not included the image with the Sun, as I think it messed up the colors of the clouds.

Part of the La Tour idea involved soup, so.

Garlic ahi.
 "Do you want to think about dessert?"

Angry bunny haupia gelato.
 "I wonder if I can throw somebody in the gym here."

Nope.
But Orion was out.
Ok, I'm not sure it's really visible here, partially due to jpg artifacts, but there are smudges for most of the stars.

  • I don't think I ever made a livejournal, but the Russians have apparently ruined it.
  • Comic book stuff.
    • I'm glad other people think Legends of Crazytown is good specifically because the writers are clearly covering their ears and shouting nonsense when anyone tries to tell them they've written something ridiculous.
    • I mean, all comic book stuff is ridiculous, so it's best just to go full on Crazytown and write the best story possible.
      • This comic led me to thinking far more than I should have about mutants and Inhumans.  "Well, Inhumans is Jack Kirby, and mutants was Stan Lee."  Except no, they're both credited.  So, life starts on Earth, the Celestials come and tinker with things to create a small number of Eternals, and in the process add genetic features that can cause some humans to mutate into mutants.  But then later, the Kree come and tinker with things to create a small number of humans who can turn into Inhumans if exposed to Terrigen mist.  That means that it seems like there should be someone who is born, develops mutant powers, and then can be transformed into an Inhuman later.
    • I'm worried about this, but I assume they'll use what makes the Squirrel Girl comic so good to make this show not bad.
  • This is why tumblr exists.
  • Star Trek.
  • Kitten.
  • Cute tornado going to mess you up.
  • Like a billion story prompts.  This should be a tv show.
  • I don't really know java, but I don't think it's that essential to follow this story.  There are so many good bits here.  "Javanisse".  "J wind".  "Remember the future."

No comments:

Post a Comment