Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday: It was kid night at Target.

I sorted out one thing at work so it's ready to run next week, and then discovered that I still don't understand the data for the other thing.  It looks like there's a angle dependent wobble that is partially screwing up things.  Also there's a pile of scatter suggesting that the radial component isn't really a simple clean function.

Anyway, back to kid night at Target.
I took this picture to make sure I told their stories.

Kid 1: "But it's a notebook, and I really like drawing!"

Later:

Kid 2, walking around with a Hello Kitty clipboard, looking like she's taking inventory of the Target.

Even more later, waiting at the checkout:

Kid 3, picking up a watercolor set at the checkout: "This?"
Mom: "No, you have paints at home."
Kid 3, putting back watercolors, picking up Twistable colored pencils: "How about these?"
Mom: "No, you have paint at home!"
Kid 3: "But these aren't paint!"
Mom: "You have paint at home!"
Kid 3: "These aren't paint, they're different!"
Mom: "You can't have that either!"
Kid 3, putting back twistables, picking up and inspecting the glitter crayons: "how about these?"
Mom: "No!"
Kid 3, trying to sneak the crayons into the cart: "Please?"
Older sister: "No!"
Kid 3, kind of being dragged back to Crayola's trap by her older sister, sad to not get any art supplies: "They're not paint."

Apparently Friday night is the far better time to go to Target than during the day on weekends.  I hadn't planned on it, but I needed to pick up stuff, and I was concerned I'd run out if I put it off.

Unfortunately, making this plan at the end of the day meant that I forgot to print tax stuff so I could finish my taxes this weekend.  It looks like I get a whopping $29.33 back from the federal government.

Target is close to Wendy's, and I felt like having a frosty.


No comments:

Post a Comment