Thursday, April 13, 2017

Thursday: Today has been surprisingly terrible for tomorrow starting a three day weekend.

Things that were terrible:

  1. I had to be in charge of things at work today.  I hate that.
  2. Half the computers at work kept dropping offline because of a network problem.  That got fixed.
  3. One of the work database servers has failing disks, so we had to switch to the backup.
  4. I spent a large chunk of the day trying to figure out how to extract data from a poorly documented archive.
  5. My email suddenly stopped working correctly just before I was leaving work.  I can't seem to receive email from a different domain, and I can't send any emails I've written.  It is great that this happened right before a three day weekend.
  6. My database server at home crashed, so I had to recover from backups.  This happened just as I was almost finished reading rss items, so I guess I'm spending tomorrow catching up on things.
  7. This is after that entire computer crashed last night.
No, poorly documented archive, I don't think I am today.
I did get confirmation that my transfer did go through yesterday:
So that's good.
And I did my car registration.  I've only spent a lot of money this week, between that, the loan thing, and the tires I had to buy to get my safety inspection passed on Tuesday that I apparently didn't talk about on Tuesday.

But tomorrow is a three day weekend.

I have the book, so I guess it's fine.

At least it looks like my email is recovering.

No comments:

Post a Comment