Saturday, April 8, 2017

Saturday: A pretty good day.

I woke up basically when I was planning on, which is always good.

There was an update that changed the splashscreen.  That's good, because I was thinking earlier this week that the old one had been there since like New Years.
I decided to check the mail before heading out for the day, and I was confused because there were two things from Chase, and something from the state, which I assumed was some other reminder about renewing my registration (which I have to do before the end of the month).

So I was sitting in the car, opening the mail, and I see this:
My car is paid off.
"Shouldn't you have known that was going to happen?"  Probably.  It was set up to auto-pay, so I just checked that the money had gone out each month, and considered that done.  The second thing from Chase was a check, because somehow I overpaid $135.  How?  I have no idea.  I assumed my bill was calculated to be an integer fraction of the total amount I would have to pay, and that they would have known what that amount is.  Whatever.  The thing from the state was the title to my car, which is cool, because I think I need to have that if I ever want to ship my car to the mainland.

In any case, that was a good start to the day.  Then I went to the movies, because that was the plan for today.

Unfortunately the plan for the day also had a hot dog scheduled here.  I guess they had a run on hot dogs at the theater, because they weren't going to have any for fifteen minutes.
 So nachos, then.  Theater nachos are not as good as theater hot dogs.

Your Name.
It was the highest grossing movie in Japan of all time when it came out.  It is amazingly good.  The art is beautiful, the story is excellent, the characters feel realistic, and there's a comet.  There is a 75-90% chance I will go back to see it again tomorrow.

And then after movie sushi.
Finally, I went to work to print out the stupid tax stuff I forgot to print yesterday.  Which means I need to finish my state taxes.  Tomorrow.  Let's do that tomorrow.

And I may have bought an ice tray at the Thinkerthings because now I can make squirrel shaped ice cubes.

  • And Your Name seems to be doing well here too.  Good.  This is the best movie I've seen since Marnie.
  • I don't have any good thoughts on this.  So it's just pictures of rotting houses, mostly.
  • Gitaroo Man.
    • At first, I thought, "why bother with ebay.  It's a PS2 game, can't you just get a used copy from Amazon?"  Yes, but it's $60.  Which made me think if I had any games that might be considered rare.  I liked Klonoa, and bought pretty much all those games, but I think it was like me and five other people in the US.  The first one is $90.  That's insane.
  • Nice to see the CAH guy doing good things.
  • I really should see if there are more episodes of Sun&Moon on youtube.
  • A Pokemon.
  • OMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment