Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday: It's hard to do things when the database is offline.

I did get the script that will run on it tomorrow written though.  It would have been nice to be able to check some query speeds, but I guess that has to wait.

Cherry blossoms from twelve years ago today.

  • I saw a tweet, and then looked up the term in that tweet, and then read what has to be the absolute stupidest story explaining it that I have ever read.  Instead of linking to that, here's a link to Charlie Stross instead.  Keep in mind that Stross writes fiction, and that the people on the other side of this argument include billionaires who like to sue journalistic websites out of existence.
  • I'm pretty sure if you showed this story to anyone who went to grad school, the response would be, "Yeah.  JFC, how is this a surprise?"
  • Bunny.
  • Ikea.
  • That makes sense.
  • Why you go to Denny's, I guess.
  • I wish we had an Evil Chancellor as part of our government.

No comments:

Post a Comment