Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday: Ok, then.

They're trimming trees.
I also noticed today that there's a dead tree at work.  I wonder if they're going to get rid of it.


  • One problem of being this far west is that I get a lot of "tomorrow" content in the evening.  Because of this, I'm going to put this link here, for convenience.  It'll probably be the image for tomorrow.
  • In case you missed it, the president of Turkey isn't a good guy.
  • How to deal with things when someone dies.  Not like the "hiding the body" kind of way.  The "cancelling accounts and things" way.
  • Verizon should be nationalized.  This is a bullshit fee.  Last time I changed phones, I ordered it from the manufacturer, switched to it by myself, and used exactly zero of Verizon's resources to do it.  This isn't a legitimate expense, it is simply a member of an oligarchic sector using their power to extract added fees.
  • Apparently today has a meme attached that I was unaware of.
  • These are good pictures.
  • Yes.  Who subscribes to newsletters for a webpage?  I'm here to read this one story I saw a link to.
  • Adventure tree.
  • This next one was going to be a link, but then I made a plot, so now it's not.

Here's the link.  It's how much various people are paid per page to do things to make a comic book.  There are generally 22 pages in a comic, and they sell for about $3.99.  Here's a link containing how many comics were sold in January.  
The plot.
Conclusions:
  1. Comic book writers should be paid more.
  2. That probably means that there can't be ~400 comics published a month, as using the Marvel low-end numbers means 1822.1 issues need to be sold to break even on the creative team.
  3. I don't even know what the third point should be, this is just kind of depressing.
  4. Something about trades?
  5. That's a remarkably good fit to the "regular issues of known characters" section of the distribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment