Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday: It was rainy today.

See?
And then I discovered that the code I'd based that talk on last week had a massive error, which I didn't notice because even though it was a massive error, it didn't actually have that bad of an effect on the fits it made.  However, on porting the algorithm to the slightly more complicated fit model, it blew up such that the fits diverged.  Scanning through the code revealed that I had had r = t * p0 + p1, instead of r = t * p1 + p0.  Oops.

Now I'm waiting for the thirteen minutes left before I can check in for my flight and try to get good seats.  Travel shouldn't be this stressful.

What also shouldn't be so stressful is getting a letter from my apartment management.  It turns out that they're raising my rent $25.  This after the owner did that appraisal thing because he was refinancing.  I guess it's marginally close to the inflation rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment