Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Wednesday: Not only do I have too much to do, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get a lot of it done.

Part of the problem is that I have this stupid seminar series where I have to give a research talk.  The problem with that is that I've done basically no research because I constantly have to fix things in the processing.  It's nice to know that the 40% research time has been so consistently a lie, but having to give a presentation that's basically, "yeah, I have some ideas I'd like to do, but since I had to spend the last month doing someone else's job because they don't, I haven't been able to try them out."

I mean, it's not like I have a nice side project that I have firmly mapped out in my head but also no time to do as well.  The good thing about that side project is that even though it actually sounds interesting, it'd be offtopic for this stupid seminar series.

Maybe I should just put together a two slide talk.  Slide one: Things I did.  Slide two: Nothing Applicable to this Seminar.

And I got pizza from the newly managed pizza place and felt sick all afternoon and eventually went home early.  So that helped my productivity a lot, too.

Not even coloring helped.  I'm not sure if I'm going to do a background fill color.  I may just leave it blank.  I'm not sure what color would work best.


No comments:

Post a Comment