Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Tuesday: de Young museum

Today's plan was to do one of the museums that I looked at last time, but didn't go to due to difficulty getting to it.  I've gotten a clipper card since then, so all the transit options are now equally easy to use. I'm not sure why everyplace doesn't do single pass transit.

Anyway, this meant getting to golden gate park is easy. 

The music... Center? Hall? Shell? It's across the street, whatever it's called.

The Japanese tea garden is next door as well.

Bamboo and water.

Pagoda.

Buddha.

Zen garden.

It rained this morning, so there were little maple leaves everywhere.

Pagoda and waterfall.

Bridge.

Artificial rock. This is a take on the Chinese "interesting rock."
The big exhibit was about the 1915 exhibition. Photos weren't allowed.

Then lunch.

Flatbread pizza with blue cheese, fried thyme, grapes, and arugula.

Cast glass.

Disappointment.

Teotihuacan.

I really like ancient depictions of animals.

All the spoons.

Mr. de Young.

So, they imported cheetahs to Pennsylvania for harmony?

i know that place.

I know that Hawaiian royal cape.

I know them.

From the ferry home.

No comments:

Post a Comment