Friday, May 15, 2015

Friday: Which is worse, no pizza or bad pizza?

I felt like pizza for dinner.  A few weeks ago I went to the usual pizza place by work for a Friday pizza dinner to take home, and it was super crazy crowded, they were nearly out of all pizzas entirely, and all the new pizzas they were making were for take outs.  So I thought I'd give that other pizza place a second chance, a year+ since I last ate there.  I contemplated them also being out of pizza, leading to the title conundrum.  I settled on "no pizza" as always being worse, and went to see what I could get today.
This.
Tl;dr: it's still bad pizza, and they're still doing just about everything wrong.  This explains why they were not super crazy crowded, despite having a massive parking lot.

Here's why it's bad:
  1. Note the mismatch.  They don't do the double slice strategy, so it's just a hodgepodge of what slices they have available.
  2. One type that was available was "chicken ranch."  Go fuck yourself.
  3. I'm not a fan of their sausage, but this is really not something I could claim was bad.  
  4. Ditto with the fact that it was cold by the time I got home.  I chose to drive home with it, so that's not really their fault.
  5. The fact that the crust was burnt is.  They've tried to switch to a double-bake method, but they're still using the warming rack.  So they bake the pizza fully, dehydrate it in the warming rack, and then burn the bottom crust with a second bake.  It's like they actively hate pizza.
  6. Still more expensive than Bostons.
  7. And I think I am going to blame them for the cold pizza.  When I did the last Friday pizza dinner from Bostons, I got home with warm pizza.  Not blazing hot, but warm and soft.  It helps that they have a much thicker crust.  This was in the eighth of an inch range, which is simply too thin.
  8. Very little sauce.  Particularly on the cheese slice.  There was sauce at the point, and none by the time you got to the crust.  This is probably part of the reason the crust burnt: there's nothing else to warm up, so you just cook the crust more.
And earlier in the day, I took pictures of my Sunshine Buddy, because it was dancing.
Dance!

And from a different part of the full images, the sunshine through the trees:

Leaves!

And I know that the script is probably already written, and this is incredibly unlikely to ever happen anyway, BUT:  the Avengers Infinity War would be so much better if they had Squirrel Girl in it.  They probably can't let her just defeat Thanos off screen, but it'd be great to see her just solve some problem other heroes were going to do but couldn't because they were intercepted.  It looks like I'm not the only one thinking this, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment