Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday: Four things, one of which is pizza

Thing 1: Pizza.

This is the companion to Wednesday's pizza review.  Boston's.
This is the Boston's oven.  It's a reel oven, in which three large trays (I think Boston's has stones installed on them) rotate like a ferris wheel inside.  I don't know the exact model, but it's very similar to the Baxter OV851G.  As you can guess, having that much baking area means the instantaneous cooking ability is huge here.  
That's important, because Boston's uses a double bake system.  The pizza is baked the first time, and then removed and cut into quarters (or if you're me, quarters, and then one into an eighth, because I got there just as the one I wanted was finishing baking).  The quarters are then placed in a display case, where they're allowed to cool naturally.  Then, when you order an "old" slice, it's put back into the oven to be completely reheated, which takes something like two minutes when you have a giant 500 inferno going.
Ok, so they got a bit sloppy with the pepperoni today.  Still: better crust, better sauce, better cooking strategy.


Thing 2: This game.

And I was doing so well until I fucked it up.
Here's the strategy.  Choose a corner.  I chose lower left.  You want that to be the vault.  You push all the tiles left and down, and keep the left column completely full.  Then, you basically merge left, and then merge down (making sure to refill the left column before you do anything else.  With the occasional shake upwards, you can turn the left column into a factory of sorts, where you build up progressively larger tiles until you can merge them down into the vault.

Thing 3: Who throws out book slip covers?
These were just sitting in the free pile.  YOU'VE RUINED THE BOOK'S VALUE BY THROWING OUT THE SLIPCASE!


Thing 4: Links.  They're all Pokemon.


2 comments:

  1. Fuck slipcovers. I hate those things. All they do is sit there waiting to get ripped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean dust jackets? Slipcovers are hard cardboard, so if you're ripping those...you're doing books wrong.

      For dust jackets, I usually remove them before reading the book if I'm going to read the whole thing or travel or something. I do keep them in a safe place, though, for the same reason. Book + dust jacket >>> book alone.

      Delete