Saturday, May 9, 2015

Saturday: Dear High School Girl Who Wants to Go to Europe to Play Soccer or Something,

I know you're interested in my support for your trans-continental sport endeavors.  I'm not adverse to that in any way.  However, when you're standing outside the doors of Safeway with a table, I know the general strategy of your plan: you want me to buy something, and you'll use that money to whatever wherever with your team of other people.  The thing I don't know is what you want me to buy.  See, I've had people try to sell me popcorn here before.  Fucking popcorn.  Who eats that?  So you could save everyone a bunch of time here by just cutting to the chase.  "Brownies.  Seven dollars."  If you'd done that, we'd both get what we want.
Of course I bought the fucking brownies.  What do you think I am, some sort of...see, there's not even a word for someone who doesn't like brownies.  Because they don't exist.

This all happened after I had ramen, but I chose the title, so I had to put things out of order.

Also this happened:  I was behind a truck that stopped at the green dot.  I thought he was stopped for a pedestrian in the crosswalk.  Nope.  He was stopped for the red light at the next intersection, despite there being an entire section of road between him and the light.  An entire empty section of road.  I also labeled where the brownies were, to tie this all back together.

  • So a) they didn't account for the fact that score values saturate at perfect, and b) they didn't account for Poissonian variations due to the fact that 45 is a small number (that's like 15% uncertainty).  I think they've failed their math evaluations.
  • Well, that pretty much destroyed the LibDems.  I tried to see if I predicted that when they formed the coalition, but I didn't daily blog until after then.  So I only have the three times back to 2012 when I mentioned them never winning anything ever again, ever.
  • Kittens.




No comments:

Post a Comment