Friday, May 1, 2015

Friday: April only has 30 days.

Because it's a jerk, most likely.
Today I woke up randomly at 5am, checked the mail on my phone, and realized that it wasn't connected to wifi.  A quick check, and the computer that runs everything was crashed.  Reboot it, reset wifi stuff that I never figured out how to automate, and then back to bed.  Only to then discover that I still can't connect to that computer, because the DNS lookup is failing.  Check from my work computer.  Nope.  Try to log in to the web dashboard to see what's up.  That doesn't resolve either.

Since everything relies on the hostname and not the IP, this is a problem.  I found another service that I was able to set up quickly, but I didn't want to change everything.  Luckily, the problem with my regular one was just a config problem that was quick to be fixed when the guy (in Australia) woke up.

I should probably just buy a proper domain name, and pay for it for real.








No comments:

Post a Comment