Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday: Catching up on backlogs.

Which led to me sitting around not doing anything really productive until I was hungry.  I also didn't know what I wanted for lunch, so it's good that Julie did when I asked:
Yeah.  It's been awhile.

Then I got an ahi.

And they didn't have salmon kama, so I spent way too long trying to decide between that and ebi fry.

The sushi dude bumped the glove box too far, resulting in it accidentally rearranging all the dishes as they went around.
But sushi only makes you not hungry for so long.  So it's good that I went to WF to get some groceries.  I saw that they had calzones on sale, and picked one up for a later dinner.  The options were pepperoni and garlic/spinach, both of which sounded good.  However, spinach inside a calzone seems like it might be super soggy, so I did pepperoni.  This also led to the unexpectedly unhelpful conversation:

Calzone-a-teer: "Do you want this heated up?"
Me: "No thanks.  How should I heat it up at home?"
C: "Um...like a microwave?  Or an oven?"
Me: "Ok, then."

A lot of things at WF have "here's how to cook" instructions, so I wondered if these were like "350 for ten minutes."  It turns out the reheat instructions are "add some heat to it until it's sufficiently heated.  Or don't, whatever, we don't care."

Not bad, but the whole grain crust is a bit of a distraction.  It also didn't have any ricotta inside, which makes it more like a pizza pocket than a proper calzone.

  • This is stupid, not art.  "Oh, but he's commenting on the transient nature of our internet-based world, and reimagining it in a permanent form.  This is totally art."  No.  He's doing the equivalent of printing out all his emails and selling that concept to people with more money than sense.  That's not art.  That's what old people do.
  • Mark Evanier has written piles of comics, comic related things, television shows, and knows about 60% of all famous people who have ever lived.  Here he is talking about his favorite pre-cooked turkey product, because it's hilarious.
  • Denny's.
  • Kitten crash.
  • This has been sitting in the RSS pile for days, and then today I heard that his son died.  Keep being the best Vice President ever, Joe.











No comments:

Post a Comment