Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Wednesday: I shouldn't go to WF on weeknights

Even though the parking lot is nearly empty, the store is full of utter and absolute assholes.  Like the fucking German tourists ordering two burritos each.  Or the next person in line who ordered three burritos.  WF is not a fucking restaurant.  Needless to say, I didn't get a burrito for dinner, as I didn't think it was worth the time to wait for everyone to order food for their entire fucking family.

I also don't understand people who attack the hot food bars, dash around the corner, and look at you like you're a jerk for nearly running their ass over.  Maybe watch where you're going, dickbag.  Also, your plate is full of tofu and lettuce.  Why not just kill yourself if you're going to eat tasteless shit?

Also, is it inappropriate to suggest that people are "shitty ass parents" if they let their two year old dance around the front of the cart?  I mean, eventually, you're just going to run her over.  Everyone then will call you shitty ass parents, so I'm just predicting the future a little bit.

Also also: this jackass:
Not pictured: the asshole four spots over that was parked with his left wheels on the wrong side of the line.
On the other hand, the mountains were lit nicely in Manoa this evening:


Plus, I'm reasonably sure that I've identified the problem of the week at work to being an issue of making histograms of quantized data without correctly spacing the histogram bins to account for the quantization.  Woo.


  • I never knew that the guy who did Klonoa was also the guy who did Ninja Gaiden.  That does explain some of the later levels of Klonoa.
  • I don't have a brownie, but I kind of want one now.
  • Pokemon.
  • At first I was all "bunny hockey!"  Then I googled that and discovered it's for a condom commercial and not some sort of puppy bowl thing.
  • Why is Heavy Metal free on the internet archive?  No clue, but it's kind of cool.
  • Interesting.  This same algorithm could probably be used to identify continuum discontinuities in spectral data.
  • I haven't watched the video yet, but all the quotes I've seen seem actually pretty accurate.
    • Republicans are pretty much all old white people, especially at conventions.
    • They don't want to pay taxes, because that'd be "theft."  
    • They don't want to pay for tuition, which is why state funding of state universities has dropped, forcing corresponding tuition increases on new students.
    • "You can frown if you want," isn't really what I'd call bullying.
    • The voter id laws in SC and NC suddenly happened when the elements of the voting right's act were struck down by the asshats on the Supreme Court.  Since those are specifically in place to prevent racist voting laws, it's not really much of a stretch to state that those laws are there to try and stop black people from voting.
    • Republicans are not in the majority, and are increasingly not in the majority, since they're pretty much all old.
    • I'll admit that this isn't really "creative writing" material, however.  He should probably stick to the syllabus.
  • Mitch Lyon seems to be a bit of a dickbag, too.
  • Have I used "murder them in the face" in this post?  Looks like no.  Or yes.  Now.  Yes, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment