Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday: Labor Day

I was supposed to write a talk today for Friday, based on a set of slides from Julie that are apparently "better than my slides, because my slides are stupid."  Whatever.  It's Labor Day, so I shouldn't have to do work.  You know, since I'm obviously part of the working class laboring under The Man.

Except in my case "The Man" is really an enormously complex government funded grant bureaucracy dependent on the whims of scientific fashion and the current sanity level of the legislature.


Anyway, I decided to make the Most Labor Day Meal Ever:
The Patty Melt.
Why is this the Most Labor day Meal ever?  Simple:

  1. It's a tasty meal that anyone would be happy to eat at the end of a long day of hard work.
  2. It uses bread for hamburger buns, representing thrift.
  3. I had rye bread that's kind of too stale for making regular sandwiches.
  4. I really like patty melts.
  5. This is my blog, so there.
It wasn't the best I've ever made, but satisfied all the important points.  It was tasty, the difficulties were largely due to impatience, om nom nom.

6. I have a wizard dog.
  • Here's the economics I'm too lazy to talk about today.
  • One of these led me to find the other one, and I'm really thinking about making that french bread pseudo-pizzas later this week.
  • It's the eyes.  Watch the eyes.  --Alternate-- "Captain Fluffy quickly learned the treachery of the Vacu-oids."
  • That's pretty cool.
  • Huh.  I'm too lazy to decode the bad google translation of the page, but a) I had no idea they were remaking Sailor Moon. b) I guess the Sailor Saturn/Sailor ChibiMoon "two years ago" thing is a play on Sailor V? c) I'm pretty sure Rei's daughter Rin isn't wearing a standard issue Miko attire.  d) Everyone grown up looks angry except Makoto.  Maybe Tuxedo Mask looks happy.  "I did nothing for years except throwing a rose and gibbering some nonsense.  My life rules."  I can see that.  e) Yes, I realize I know far too much about this show, but I spend like my entire junior year of college going to classes from like 10 until like 3 straight, so I'd get take-out food from the cafeteria and eat a very late lunch watching cartoons, and this happened to be what Toonami was showing at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment