Saturday, September 28, 2013

Saturday: Unsuccessful quest for curry-pan

Since getting back to Hawaii, I've had this really messed up sleep schedule where I wake up around 8-9AM. Crazy, I know.  One benefit of this is that I have pretty much all morning to come up with things to do.  Since doughnuts are delicious, I thought about heading out to get some today.  Eventually, this changed to a plan to get curry-pan, partially because the bakery that makes that is closer.

First, however, I wanted to get something for lunch.

Burger time at Honolulu Burger Co.
It was kind of crazy busy there today, so maybe I should stick with my plan to eat lunch at like 3pm on weekends, just to avoid people.
Also, there was a minor bird invasion.
Blah blah blah, other stuff happened that I'm skipping over because I just spent like an hour working on a random script.  I came to the conclusion that if I'm only stitching together two images like the one above, I probably don't need to do all sorts of manual optimization in the panorama code.  A well chosen set of blind defaults would probably work just as well.  So, an hour of documentation reading later, I have a script that makes panoramas from individual images without me having to futz with it.  This is nice, as I can now just scan my images, choose the ones for the days panorama, and send that work off to be done in the background, with only minor gimp-work to be done at the end (crop correction, resizing for blogger, etc.)  Comparing the one from Thursday with the automatic version makes me think this will work just fine.
I had to fix the angle on Thursday's as well, so that's not done here.
Plus I bought a new pillow today.  Woo.  Exciting Saturdays.

Oh, and no curry-pan, as you probably guessed.  I got random doughnuts instead.  I guess I should have just done that to start with today.



No comments:

Post a Comment