Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday: I spent all day, but I think my talk for tomorrow is done.

It's at least as done as it's going to get.  Let's see how many people are super jazzed to talk about a thirty-five page simulation paper.


When I was buying a juice today, I decided to take a picture of this one as well.

I've decided that my problem with the Supergirl TV show is that I only really like Supergirl, because everyone else is dumb.  So in today's episode, where Supergirl turned into a dumb jerk, I didn't like anyone.  Martian Manhunter was doubly stupid, turning himself in for being an alien, even though he's totally been running the government's anti-alien team successfully.  I don't even understand what those people are thinking.  And, duh, Max Lord made red kryptonite because he's an idiot.  I really hope they have a Wonder Woman cameo after this dumb movie comes out.  Because:
Fuck you, sucky modern Max Lord.
See, Max used to be a jerk, but he was a pleasant enough jerk who was on the side of the good guys.  He set up a Justice League International that was UN "governed", and was a good series as well.  The best story of which wasn't part of that series, but was in MM's series.  The TL;DR is that Booster Gold and Blue Beetle decide to prank MM by stealing his Oreos Chocos cookies.  Meanwhile, Max is trying to ensure the UN funding for JLI is renewed.  He gets a nose bleed when he uses his mind control powers to suggest things to other people (I don't think he ever had the power to control people directly until the series where WW kills him).  Which sets up this double page spread:

Copied here because I found it on a super sketchy looking site.
But that was back when comics could be fun.

And today's links are almost all from the same site.  Because that's how the internet worked today.



















No comments:

Post a Comment