Sunday, March 9, 2014

Sunday: Because some days you sit around thinking about what to eat, and then just give up, because at this point, you're just super hungry.

Today was one of those days.
There was a rainbow when I did go out to get food.
I was going to get groceries, but I wanted to eat first, to prevent the "THAT LOOKS YUMMY, BUY ALL THE FOODS" problem that happens if you do it the other way around.  This meant finding something nearby, but that was sit-down-able.
So Panda won out.
I was kind of surprised that this beef dish I got was tender.  Plus it has mushrooms and asparagus, so I can claim it's totally healthy.  This Panda also happens to be in the sketchiest part of the local neighborhoods, so while you're eating, you can watch the homeless guy standing across the street, staring down at the ground.  I think he was sleeping?  While standing?  He seriously didn't move for the entire time I was eating.  So it'd be good if Hawaii spent more on homeless issues.  The other major factor as to why this is a sketchy neighborhood is that when you go to the Panda drive through, you can see the 24-hour massage place that's next door.  For all the 24-hour massage needs that people might have.  It is totally legitimate, and absolutely not a front for illegal actions.

And then later on, fireworks started.  Because this is Hawaii, and there are fireworks every Friday

Boom!
 Wait, today's not Friday.
Ka-boom-boom-boom!
 What are you doing fireworks?
Boom BOOM Boom!
 Why do you keep going for like twenty damn minutes?
Shish-boom! Sparkle-sounds! (Technically, that's "pika-pika," but I didn't want to make it sound like I was doing a Pikachu thing.  I'm not.  Well, kind of, because that's how he got that name.  This side note is way too long.  Can you do footnotes in html?  That would probably have been a better strategy here.)
 I'm trying to watch TV in here! Can you keep it down?
Boom boom boom!
Oh, so after googling, it turns out that this weekend was the Honolulu Festival.  Mystery solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment